Monday 10 June 2019

Tongyeong to Jirisan National Park

Another good riding day, fine weather this time and view not to bad, still a haze in the air but that seems to be the norm.
Starting in Tongyeong this was my last day cruising the small islands around the sea edges before heading inland.
Today was totally paved (not bad to relax too) and site seeing, being a Saturday the traffic was heavy given it is a leisure/tourist area.
The roads being not big meant that one road maggot out the front doing 35 ended up with a train being them, I did sit in the queue but after a while I picked them off one by one or it will be winter before I leave Korea.

Photo 6 of Korea, Russia, Stans To East Europe (page 4)
Land reclamation and yes that is a bed of bamboo with shells binding it
Photo 7 of Korea, Russia, Stans To East Europe (page 4)
Dinosaur entry gates
Photo 8 of Korea, Russia, Stans To East Europe (page 4)
Large bridges down this part, bigger ones on the Toll roads which motos are not allowed on
Photo 9 of Korea, Russia, Stans To East Europe (page 4)
Cool tin dude at a bus stop.
The roads being not big meant that one road maggot out the front doing 35 ended up with a train being them, I did sit in the queue but after a while I picked them off one by one or it will be winter before I leave Korea.
I had a nice thing happen, I stopped at a lookout to take a pic, after getting off the bike there was a grey bag right in front of where I stopped, I didn’t even see it being it was the same colour as the concrete.
There where two people having some fud and drinks so I picked up the bag which was full of woman's makeup etc so I took it to them, they said it wasn’t theirs so I put it back beside the wall in a viewable place and the people said don’t worry about it the owners will be long gone, they liked my honesty and offered me a coffee which I accepted.
A chat via Translate and pictures on maps etc a white van then pulls up, a young fello dressed to the nines hops out looking REALLY stressed, he walked along the concrete wall and it became apparent pretty quickly he knew of the bag, the fello who gave me the coffee yelled out to him and showed him the bag, the young fello B-lined it too us and it was explained to him that I found the bag and bought it over to them, the young fello shook my hand with gusto and gave me two bows so a sign of double respect.
They chatted for 30 seconds and he was gone with bag in hand, turns out it was his wedding day and it was a bag from one of the wedding party so it ended well.
Finishing my coffee and packing my superman suit back under my riding gear I headed back to the mainland, now being unaware of how things work here there are camping spots all around the coast, one by one I went passed and they were full because it was Saturday, knowing I was still in the touristy part I headed inland with  two more camps on my list and both were full. I finally stopped in a small town and asked a shop owner, he called the Police who turned up within a minute.
The Police man, very polite and could speak a little English, so he took me to the ONLY hotel within a bulls roar, it is a dump, spendie and the lady who runs it really should find a job that does not involve people.
Anyway, kinda cornered and tired I sucked it up but not all was lost, I was given a gem ....I got the room with a pink bedhead and mirror to watch myself….ok….will stop it there.          
Photo 10 of Korea, Russia, Stans To East Europe (page 4)
I reckon the pink totally clashes with my orange shirt LOL

No comments: