Thursday, 24 January 2013

La Paz To Lo De Marcos

Leaving La Ventana on Baja we headed up to La Paz to the boat, arriving is La Paz we did a drive by look around on the way out to the Ferry terminal.

Arriving at the terminal we paid for our tickets, all went well until we left the ticket office, then they wanted $300 Pesos to park the bike ... port fees..WTF? we just paid our tickets!!!!

So some arguing and phone calls then f i n a l l y an English speaking lady said there is a port fee and it was $70.00 Pesos.

Back over to the $300.00 Peso people and yes that right it is $70 Pesos for motos ... here we go again.

$70.00 Pesos paid and we were good to go again but waiting for someone else to jump out with their hand out.

Getting onto the boat with time up our sleeve I went to tie Maya down, the shipping crew asked me where are my tie downs .... WTF this is your ship which I just paid to use?, so the guys comes up with a rope about 40 mm round..... nup that won’t work, then they bought truck size snig chains and I said very very polity like fuck!!.

So they found some rope and started to tie Maya down sensibly, they acted like they had never seen a bike before????

I had to do this all by myself including locking and tying as passengers are not allowed so they go on a separate bus.

After tying and securing Maya I went upstairs, by this time I was dripping wet and hot as, I found our seats and as luck would have my was and auto recliner or in English terms it was fncked.

Anyway leaving the gear there on our seats I went outside, set the socks out in the sun to dry etc ... nice.

Ellen soon appeared and we were reunited so I guess I will have to take her.

Soon as the boat set sail we commandeered some cool window seats that didn’t auto recline, we missed out on a cabin so we saved $500.00 Pesos ... always a bonus.

The sailing was smooth, not much sleep for me tho, maybe an hour over 48 hours so I was a bit dozy ... no one noticed any difference anyway. 

Disembarking at 11.30 am we had to the aim of getting back to Lo De Marcos to see our Canadian family of friends, it was 12.40 pm when we exited Mazatlan with a 400 km ride ahead of us.

The traffic was thick with trucks and overloaded utes which slowed us down, luckily with the power of Maya this helped to get ahead.

Arriving at Lo De Marcos just on dusk we were greeted like family which was really really nice, riding through the entry gate I felt I was home again.

Hugs, kisses and smiles from George, Carol, Alexandro and Mabel were had so everything that makes a trip worthwhile, again the next morning catching up with Isy and Rod who were there to help when Ellen was struggling with her feet.

With an invitation to tea we had a quick shower, warmed up and turned into humans and were fed and watered like Kings and Queens.

Next day was a relaxer and reenergizer which was well overdue and needed, a walk along the beach and a bottle Red that night all was good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you guys getting into the groove again and enjoying your wee adventure. Enjoy!!!